Wednesday 26 February 2014

A BEAUTIFUL CAUSE

Hello Internet People!

So, as some of you may know, i am a gay man, and it's not my choice to be this way. You see i've always wanted kids of my own and a family, and it's much harder to do that in my situation. I used to think that if I had a choice i'd be straight, and live like a 'normal person' but fuck that, i'm fine as i am. You see, i've been brought up with a brother and a father that are very homophobic and i know how it feels to be held back by someone. Recently, even my mother has gotten in on it and told me that i need to act 'normal and straight' around the house - hearing that from the one person in the family that appeared supportive of you was like being shot in the heart. Being gay is not a choice, so why should i feel like i'm wrong?

I was watching one of Hannah Hart's brilliant My Drunk Kitchen episodes on youtube when she actually struck a nerve when she talked about the LGBT youths in Russia that are having to live basically in fear at the time being, as they have to hide their true selves because of the Russian Government and their Homophobic new laws. it's not right that teens are growing  up scared of the country they live in, scared to be themselves. it's honestly sickening. That's why i'm writing this post, to hope that my readers understand how important that this cause is and hope that some of you might want to help. By just making a video or sending a short message of support, you can make them feel like someone is there, someone is trying to help and that they are not alone. It costs nothing, and it helps so many people, so please just follow the link below and help them today!

http://www.itgetsbetter.org/content/russia

thanks guys, you know i love you all x



No comments:

Post a Comment