Monday 6 January 2014

NOSTALGIC TRACK OF THE WEEK #1

Hello Internet people!

I've been looking through all the songs that have been recently released and I realised how awful most of them are, so I've ended up deciding on doing a nostalgic track of the week. Basically, if there is nothing recent that catches my eye, I'm going to just share with you a track that I've loved in the past.

Destiny's Child - Say My Name (Cyril Hahn Remix)




People that know me will be surprised by the choice of song this week, because it is in no way my sort of music, BUT it does remind me of a better time, and I've learned to love it. Cyril Hahn has turned Destiny's Child's 'Say My Name' into a calm, catchy party song, layering synth rhythms beautifully to make a track that no one can avoid tapping their foot or bobbing their head to.

I first heard this song when i was at university in Leeds with my mates, while we were 'prinking' (pre-drinking) before a night out. What is special about this song, for me, is that when i first heard it i was trying to keep open minded, but the indie boy inside of me was going mad, screaming to my brain to turn this shit off, but eventually my demon calmed, and the song became a tradition to play before we went out, along with M83's 'Midnight City', which was requested by a friend every night out, under the name she remembered it as - 'Made in Chelsea'. This song will always remind me of good times, and seeing as in December i decided it was best to take a year off from studying, i am no longer at university. Because of this, and the memories that the track holds for me, i think it's only right for it to be my first nostalgic track of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment