Monday 24 February 2014

FILMS & FEELINGS


Hello Internet People!

So, yet again i've had time off from this, but it's just been a confusing couple of days. I've had the strangest week in terms of feelings, because one second i'm happy and the next, well, not so much. Recently the littlest things have been setting me off, but a new week and a new look on life! I've been thinking about relationships a lot recently and i've come to the conclusion the dipping my toe in the shallow end is the best option for me because i don't think i'm ready to dive in just yet. It's easier to look than commit because then i get jealous or i get swept away into havoc straight away. Maybe it's best at the moment to see what's out there, meet new people and give myself a reason to get out of bed and stop watching films.

I've been thinking about the Oscars a lot recently, and as the cine-manic that i am, i'm seen most of the nominees and i think half of the choices are just plain wrong. I'm sorry but American Hustle was lacking a spark, The acting in Philomena felt hollow and The Wolf Of Wall Street too just plainly too long - don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant film but it just felt like it lasted days. The main two picks i agree with is Gravity and Dallas Buyers Club. Now, Gravity is just visually spectacular and breathtaking, with strong performances from the cast and the writing crew. I have never seen Sandra Bullock (who i never really liked before this film) act as well as the did in this film, she even made me tear up at points. I don't really know what to say about Dallas Buyers Club, apart from that it's poetic beauty shone to the last frame. Jared Leto who plays Rayon, a Transgender, AIDS ridden drug abuser was the most pure performance i have ever seen in a supporting actor. From the second he appeared he took a hold of you and shook you until you believed. He lost around 30 pounds to play the role and didn't break from character even when the camera weren't rolling until the end of the shoot - now that's commitment. If he doesn't win the Oscar, it;s a real injustice. Honourable mentions have to go to August: Osage County for it's Stellar cast and mesmerising acting acompanied by a heartfelt script and Frozen for making us all feel the warm touch of Disney in our hearts again.

So yeah, that's my thoughts on things for the time being, let me know what your comments are below or on my twitter :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment