Wednesday 12 March 2014

FRUIT AND FITNESS

Hello Internet People!

Did you miss me? Did you? Missed you too! Sorry about the massive delay since i last posted, i honestly have no excuse other than the fact that i've done absolutely nothing interesting or even really left the house recently. I would give you an extensive recap of that one time last week when i went for a walk to the shop, but i feel that'd be rather dull. Let's stop thinking about the past and get on this post shall we?

So i realised that i've been eating too much rubbish recently, if i hadn't caught a glimpse of my new second chin in the mirror the other day i don't think i would have done anything about it and just carried on eating until i was the size of the moon. But fate was on my size and i noticed my weight gain on shopping day, so i called up my mum and forced her to buy less crap. I'm on day two of my new diet and i'm hating it already, i think i'm ready to kill for a pot noodle. Instead of gorging on crumpets in the morning (how very English of me), i now eat a bowl of fresh fruit and an activia to keep me going till lunch. Lunch can be anything i want as long as it's not massive and i finish the day off with pasta, salad or something healthy like that. It's helping me with my portion control at least. the thing is, when you have nothing to do during the day and no employer seems to want you, it's easy to comfort eat your way out of boredom and it's ridiculous how very easy it is to binge on a mountain of chips because you 'didn't know how much to cook'.

The thing is, i don't know about you but Gyms are expensive and, as a person who has never had a gym membership, intimidating. Having to come in for an induction on how to use the equipment just sounds so humiliating when there will no doubt be someone you know watch you as some six pack wanker walks you around telling you how to use a treadmill as if it's not obvious. Over all, the worst thing about a gym is the changing rooms - imagine, you've just joined for the reason that you have no body confidence and you want to improve on it so that you feel more comfortable in topless situations, and the first step is to take your top off whist getting changed in front of mainly well built teenagers and muscle men. I mean seriously, it's like pushing someone who's afraid of heights off a cliff. It's just plain wrong.

Because of my refusal to be the one guy my age in the gym getting changed and weeping because of my car crash of a body, i need to start doing something to shed some pounds, i don't mind running but it's pretty cold around the time i'd run at the moment and i really could do with a running buddy, so i need new ideas for getting back in shape!

Anyone got any good ideas? let me know on twitter or in the comments box! love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment