Friday 28 March 2014

PERFECT SHOPS & PROCRASTINATION

Hello Internet People!

So the other day i was forced out of my house with a bag full of CVs to go into Manchester with and get job hunting, which up until then, I'd been doing fully on my laptop. After 10 minutes of offering my CV to places and being scoffed at because 'everything is online now' which i told my parents before they forced me out of the house, i then decided to kill time by looking around shops. My favourite thing to do when window shopping is to go to the poshest shops you can find (Harvey Nichols was my target this time), and walk around all high and mighty, turning your nose up at designs and saying arrogant things under your breath. it helps if you're wearing loud shoes, like Chelsea boots, or for women; heels, so that you can make your presence known to the up-their-own-arse wankers who work there. 

After spending a good half an hour giving the overpriced designer store and it's staff the middle finger (one of the staff in mention was a guy who once left me during a date for someone else), i decided to take a look for some lesser known, but more friendly designers to appreciate. I ended up in Afflecks Palace in the Northern Quarter, a place i haven't been in properly since i was about 14 and had long hair. To my surprise, there were a lot of little shops that were really welcoming and full of cloths people could actually afford. There was a really cute craft shop that looked perfect for getting really nice vintage look tags and studs etc. called love craft. the woman at the till seemed a little bitchy but otherwise, it'd probably be my craft go to place. 

The main place that impressed me was a little clothing boutique that was sort of hidden away, squished between a load of larger shops, and it didn't have a name. After enquiring, i found out it was called 'Unexpected Apparel' and the clothes they sold were almost all original designs. the thing i liked most about this store was that they seemed very pro-recycle, because most of their work was on plainer, ready made clothing. For example, there was a white jumper that they had added half covers on the shoulders and a middle pocket made out of leather and the stitching was actually really quite good. They also had this long shirt that they'd written on with paint, and seeing as somehow, it's becoming more and more popular to wear nowadays, they'd caught up with the newer trends. It was such a nice experience to see people doing it for themselves instead of being sheep in the heard and following the conventions of normal, mainstream shops.

I'm thinking of doing more about fashion and maybe a bit of beauty on this blog, seeing as i know a thing or two about it, as well as my usual lifestyle posts, but I'm not sure whether that's what you guys want to see. let me know what you think, seeing as you're my target audience and i love ya! leave me a comment or maybe a tweet about it telling me what you think? ta! x

No comments:

Post a Comment