Thursday 27 March 2014

BARS & BLUE PINTS

Hello Internet People!

As my twitter peeps know, i was in Sheffield on Monday to play a gig at a bar/venue called West Street live. It was the first time i had ever been to Sheffield and it was a lot of fun. The reception from the crowd was quite good and although two spotlights were blinding me all the way through my set, from what i could see, people were enjoying it. It was actually our first gig in 2014 and it was nice to be on stage again. As some of you may know, I'm a terrible front man if i don't have a drink down me, because i get stage fright (not good for a singer, i know), but i was pissed so it was all good.

A good friend of mine from uni, Izzy, came to see us play for the first time and i hadn't seen her in a while so we went out after i finished the set, to a place called 'Corp'. It was a seriously weird place, and i don't think i could describe it too you, it was just that confusing, but fun nonetheless. At this place i met one of the guys who came to the gig and it was nice to hear what people thought of the band, and better that someone recognised me! Now this is where it got interesting - the drinks that were on offer were coloured pints. I have no idea what was in the blue pint but it tasted so good, i mean you have to give the place major points for the quirk factor of it all!

Anyway, we went to another place, called The Leadmill afterwards which was pretty cool, for me good music and good company makes a great night, so this place is what I'm all about. but over all, i have to say Sheffield was such a great experience and I'd love to go again. If you guys have any other places around the country you'd think I'd like, let me know and we'll go for a cheeky drink and a boogy!


No comments:

Post a Comment