Tuesday 8 July 2014

FILM WEEK PT 1 - THE BEST SO FAR...

Hello Internet People!

I always seem to start this with apologies, but this time I've been so busy I've just not had the chance to sit down and write for you beautiful people, but I'm here now and whenever I'm available I'll sit down and post a little something for you!

So, let's get started on this weeks theme! I've chosen to talk about films basically because I've been trying to keep myself up to date, seeing as there's been a bucket load of good films that have come out or are coming out in the not so distant future that everyone has been raving about, so I felt the need to try and watch as many of them as I could.

Why don't we start with the big one - The Fault In Our Stars. I went in to see this with such low expectations, because although it's the only thing people have been able to talk about in the past few months, I just wasn't really too excited. For me, the trailer just really didn't do much to make me want to see it, but I still went anyway, and it was a great call that I did. The film was just emotional and beautiful, and I cried 4 or 5 times throughout because it was just one of those films where the plot just sweeps you away on a journey and the acting is so stripped down and raw that you feel closer to the characters. I don't think I'd be able to see it again or buy the DVD or anything, because it just gives off this feeling that it's just too big a film to watch on a smaller screen. I don't know how, on a $12 million budget they managed to land 3 of the biggest up & coming actors in the industry to star and draw in Laura Dern & Willem Dafoe as support, but they just all worked flawlessly together, and if you haven't seen it, then go, seriously it's well worth it.

If you aren't into your marvel, you probably won't have seen this then but Captain America: Winter Soldier was sublime. It's just intelligent, well casted and gripping - so, basically everything you'd want in a good action film! Seeing as it is a sequel to a film that was brilliant but struggled in the box office, there wasn't much expectation for a second, but i have to say, I'm so glad that they made it! I'm a full on Marvel nerd when it comes to the films and i don't think I've missed one yet (apart from the 2003 piece of crap 'Hulk') and i wasn't planning on missing this one either! you don't necessarily need to see the first one to watch this, so just watch it, and thank me later!

Okay, I have to be honest, when i watched Bad Neighbours i hated it a little, because although it was funny at parts, it just seemed a little over the top at times and then there were parts that i just felt full on awkward at! Don't get me wrong, it's got a great cast and some parts that will make you laugh out loud, and I probably will watch it again because it is a good film, but I just hate awkward moments during a film, but it's all a matter of taste i guess. If you watch or re-watch it, look out for Nick from New Girl and Casey from The Mindy Show - blink and you'll miss them.

I'll be short and sweet with this one because the trailer should have sold it for you already, but my god, you all need to see A Million Ways To Die In The West, because it's fucking hilarious! Oh! And The Other Woman because that's great and probably worth it enough to see Jaime Lannister being humiliated by three beautiful girls!

PERSON OF THE WEEK

Okay, I already sort ruined this one for you on twitter, but this week it's...
source

Basically, he's an Aussie YouTuber that's been getting a bit of notice recently by the likes of Troye Sivan, Tyler Oakley & Conner Franta. He's just honest and awkward, and he's worth a watch! You can watch my favourite video of his by clicking here, or check out his channel by clicking on his name!

I hope this wasn't too long winded, but I really didn't have much time to sort out a better theme, so let me know if this was alright for you, or if it was in fact too long and dull! I love to hear your comments and you know that you guys keep me sane! Love you & see you at PT 2!



No comments:

Post a Comment