Tuesday 26 August 2014

STRANGE LOOKS, TRXYE & GIGS

Hello Internet People!

For the last few weeks, whenever I've left my house people have looked at me like I'm some sort of alien. I mean it's so strange, i feel like i have shit on my face or something, because all the friendly looks have been replaced with people looking repulsed by me when i walk by. The question is, what have i done differently to deserve this? Admittedly, i have gained weight recently which was pointed out on a night out the other day when someone called me fat (how charming of them), but otherwise not much has changed. My hair's a bit longer, and I've had a bit of an acne breakout, but nothing to warrant people looking at me like I'm dirt. It's a bit of a downer so I've just gotten into the routine of just staring at the floor with my headphones on whenever i go anywhere now. Is it just me or have strangers become arseholes recently? i don't know.

Anyway, if you watch any of the bigger Youtubers, you'll have seen that they're all raving about TRXYE recently. TRXYE is the latest offering, and first on a label from Australian/South African Youtube star, Troye Sivan, and it's actually pretty bloody catchy. The first single from the EP - Happy Little Pill came out a few weeks back and it's still stuck in my head. His new modern electronic pop style has seemed to work in his favour and the whole thing went blew up in no time. You've got to hand it to him, he's worked hard to reach this point and it seems to be working in his favour. Good job Troye!

Also, speaking of music, I had a gig on Saturday, and it went very well... surprisingly. On the morning of the gig, i got a call from my synth player, who told me that our new bassist, Will, had been admitted into hospital and he wouldn't be out in time for the gig. Basically we had two options - cancel or run around like a mad man trying to find someone to step in. Luckily a friend of ours was able to stand in at the last minute and save our skin. Although we only had a few hours to prepare it all went pretty smoothly and the reviews were favourable, and i was given praise on my vocal performance so i was buzzed. It was a good night, well apart from the whole Will being ill, and something else that I'd rather not talk about happening.

If you fancy listening to us click here for our Youtube channel!

PERSON OF THE WEEK
I've been wanting to say this person for a while so this time, my person of the week is Hazel Hayes!
Hazel is a Youtuber that is close with people like Jack Howard and Louise Pentland (Sprinkle of glitter). She's quirky and happy, and sometimes you just need a bit of happy Irish people in your life. On her channel, ChewingSand, she does the occasional daily vlog and a series she calls Tipsy Talk where she has a drink with a different youtuber each week and talks about any shit they can think of - it's great. go and check her out and subscribe by clicking here.
https://www.youtube.com/user/ChewingSand

I know this post is a little random but i had a few things i fancied talking about so i thought I'd just stick them all together on this post! thanks for reading by the way, love you guys! x

No comments:

Post a Comment